Are you looking for a light dish that will also work well in the form of a snack?
Perfect for summer meetings with friends!
Surprise your guests (and yourself :)) with these delicate eggplant rolls with refreshing rice 🙂
What are dolma?
This is a kind of “rolls” that we can prepare in a meat or vegetarian / vegan version with rice, nuts or raisins.
The only difference is that the stuffing is wrapped in grape leaves and not in cabbage.
I suggest to you instead of grape leaves, generally available eggplant, which in this edition tastes delicious!
To prepare 3-4 servings:
1 cup of cooked basmati rice
2 tablespoons of chopped fresh mint leaves
freshly squeezed juice from half a lemon
2 tablespoons of raisins (previously soaked in water)
½ cup of olive oil (the amount for baking eggplants, rice stuffing and the top of dolma)
Himalayan salt, freshly ground black pepper
- Wash the eggplants, cut into long slices, sprinkle with salt and leave for 10-15 minutes until they release the juice (this way you will get rid of bitterness and harmful solanine).
- Wash eggplants slices with water, gently dry.
- Arrange on a baking tray, sprinkle with olive oil and bake until they are brown (when baking, turn to the other side) *.
During baking, prepare stuffing:
- Combined cooked rice with finely chopped fresh mint leaves, soaked raisins, squeezed lemon juice and 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil. Season to taste with Himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Baked eggplants slices cool down for each and put a stuffing of rice and wrap in a roll.
- Finished dolma put on a platter or in a deeper dish and topped with the rest of the oil.
- You can also sprinkle mint leaves.
- Serve chilled, because these are the best 🙂
* we can also garnish eggplants slices and prepare stuffing earlier.
In this way, we have a delicious barbecue starter 🙂